Definition of acylate in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Introduce an acyl group into (a molecule or compound): (as adjective acylated) an acylated glycine derivative
More example sentences
- The series of reactions begin in the cytosol where fatty acids are acylated by combining with coenzyme A, a derivative of the vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid.
- A recent investigation showed that acylated proteins found in lipid rafts were displaced due to the incorporation of eicosapentaenoic acid in Jurkat T cells.
- After evaporating excess reagent, the residue was acylated for 10 min at 150°C using 120 mm heptafluorobutyric anhydride.
- Example sentences
- Chain perdeuterated dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine was synthesized from perdeuterated myristic acid by acylation of glycerophosphocholine, as described previously.
- These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.
- Besides prolonging receptor-peptide interactions, acylation is found not to abolish peptide conformational flexibility and it only moderately affects the bilayer elastic properties.
Definition of acylate in:
- British & World English dictionary