Definition of add-on in English:
1Something that has been or can be added to an existing object or arrangement: we offer skiing lessons as add-ons to our chalet vacations [as modifier]: cars with add-on extras
More example sentences
- Do you have any add-ons to your existing courses?
- And don't pay too much attention to the expensive add-ons some management-training courses include.
- The evening shifts and the distance education courses are add-ons; they provide an element of flexibility to the students.
1.1An accessory device or piece of software designed to increase the capability of a computer or hi-fi system.
- It will probably never appear in the official kernel, but can be used as an add-on package to increase the security of your Linux system.
- And as more people use a particular package, more developers become trained in customizing the system and more software add-ons are created.
- Visor stands out because of its Springboard expansion slot, which lets you snap in add-ons that can increase memory or turn the handheld into a digital camera, MP3 music player, and more.
Definition of add-on in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan