Definition of add-on in English:
1Something that has been or can be added to an existing object or arrangement: we offer skiing lessons as add-ons to our chalet vacations [as modifier]: cars with add-on extras
More example sentences
- Do you have any add-ons to your existing courses?
- And don't pay too much attention to the expensive add-ons some management-training courses include.
- The evening shifts and the distance education courses are add-ons; they provide an element of flexibility to the students.
1.1An accessory device or piece of software designed to increase the capability of a computer or hi-fi system.
- It will probably never appear in the official kernel, but can be used as an add-on package to increase the security of your Linux system.
- And as more people use a particular package, more developers become trained in customizing the system and more software add-ons are created.
- Visor stands out because of its Springboard expansion slot, which lets you snap in add-ons that can increase memory or turn the handheld into a digital camera, MP3 music player, and more.
Definition of add-on in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.