Definition of addled in English:
1Unable to think clearly; confused: this might just be my addled brain playing tricks [in combination]: his persona as a drug-addled hell-raiser
More example sentences
- And yet he has a modicum of charm and a world of vulnerability beneath his gruff booze-addled exterior.
- Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) almost steals the entire film as a foulmouthed, drug-addled rocker trying to rejuvenate his singing career.
- But here you have it: possibly the lamest, most appalling show any coke-addled television executive could dream up.
2(Of an egg) rotten.
- An addled eagle egg was recovered from an abandoned nest along the Androscoggin in Lewiston and submitted to analytical labs for contaminant testing.
- On July 19, 2003 a non-viable, addled osprey egg was collected from a nest at the northern end of Upper Richardson Lake in Richardsontown Township in western Maine.
- Addled eggs will remain unhatched.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.