Definition of addled in English:
1Unable to think clearly; confused: this might just be my addled brain playing tricks [in combination]: his persona as a drug-addled hell-raiser
More example sentences
- Two flights and 12 hours later, my addled brain finally hits my own pillow exactly 24 hours after rising in Brussels.
- The problem had something to do with their addled lead singer's curious notion of what constituted a promotional radio appearance.
- Let's be honest, a huge number of songs are virtually incoherent usually due to the artist's addled brain.
2(Of an egg) rotten.
- A high prevalence of infection observed in addled eggs of various free-living species suggests that trans-shell infection is prevalent in the wild.
- Addled eggs will remain unhatched.
- On July 19, 2003 a non-viable, addled osprey egg was collected from a nest at the northern end of Upper Richardson Lake in Richardsontown Township in western Maine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.