- Cite as evidence: a number of factors are adduced to explain the situationMore example sentences
- This may occur when an accused adduces sufficient evidence to raise a doubt about his guilt but the jury is not convinced on a balance of probabilities that his account is true.
- No specific evidence has been adduced in respect of this allegation.
- A number of proposal forms were adduced in evidence to indicate the areas of concern to yacht insurers.
- More example sentences
- This name is placed amongst the exotic surnames because no Celtic or Scandinavian etymology appears to be adducible for it.
- We are naturally drawn to one passage of Saxon history, both from its interesting character, and the satisfactory evidence adducible for its main outline, - the history of St. Frideswide.
- There is much to be said on both sides of the argument about whether intercept evidence should be adducible in court; I continue to consider the matter carefully, and will be happy to take advice.
late Middle English: from Latin adducere, from ad- 'toward' + ducere 'to lead'.