noun (plural adenomas or adenomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A benign tumor formed from glandular structures in epithelial tissue.More example sentences
- It is currently believed that most colorectal carcinomas start as benign adenomas that undergo malignant transformation into adenocarcinoma.
- These authors do not clearly state whether these 14 cases represent true malignant mixed tumors or carcinoma ex-pleomorphic adenomas.
- Hepatic adenomas are benign tumors composed entirely of hepatocytes and the appropriate supporting connective tissue framework.
late 19th century: from Latin, from Greek adēn 'gland' + -oma.
More definitions of adenomaDefinition of adenoma in:
- The British & World English dictionary