Definition of admirable in English:
Arousing or deserving respect and approval: he has one admirable quality—he is totally honest what is admirable in one sex is disdained in the other
More example sentences
- But then I find myself asking why competition is seen as such an admirable quality.
- They demonstrated an admirable grasp of the first rule of business: adapt to survive.
- Here they reproduced that result with great quality and admirable bravery.
- Example sentences
- Both the lead characters were well drawn and admirably played by consummate actors.
- On the day itself my three team mates ran admirably and set me up perfectly.
- As usual, the Chorus and Orchestra of Opera North were well up to the mark and were admirably conducted by David Parry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia