- Used to introduce a concession or recognition that something is true or is the case: admittedly, the salary was not wonderful, but the duties were light this is admittedly an extreme caseMore example sentences
- I retain a certain fondness for him that is admittedly entirely unwarranted.
- Sylvia Plath wrote about love, though admittedly not in the lightest or happiest manner.
- The flurry of inputs, some of which admittedly do not have much substance should not be dismissed.
More definitions of admittedlyDefinition of admittedly in:
- The British & World English dictionary