The parts adjoining an organ.
- There was no ovarian tissue in the right adnexa.
- The uterus, cervix, and adnexa should also be assessed for any abnormalities and/or pain.
- Sports-related eye injuries should be evaluated on site with an adequate examination of the eye and adnexa.
- Example sentences
- Physical findings include a normal or slightly enlarged uterus, pelvic pain with movement of the cervix and a palpable adnexal mass.
- Ninety percent of adnexal masses involve the fallopian tube or ovary.
- Pelvic examination revealed a 6-to 8-week-sized uterus and a right adnexal mass.
Late 19th century: Latin, neuter plural of adnexus 'joined', from adnectere 'fasten to'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of adnexa in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.