Make more beautiful or attractive: pictures and prints adorned his walls
More example sentences
- Beautiful landscape paintings adorn the walls of the Damle family at Dadar.
- I lingered in the hallways for awhile admiring the artistic prints of money adorning the walls.
- His angels were likewise adorned with beautiful garments and wondrous instruments.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin adornare, from ad- 'to' + ornare 'deck, add luster'.
- More example sentences
- Scrapbookers can use corner adorners to make the corners of their scrapbook unique and stylish.
- Corner adorners are all the rage in web design these days.
- In order to ensure the continuation of the species, society has also valued women who are good nurturers and adorners.