Definition of adrenalized in English:
1Affected with adrenaline.
- It was only as they were hurrying back to their respective homes that night did they become themselves again - two adrenalized teenagers who felt as if they had conquered the world in an hour.
- My booksack is beside my right hip and, still tired and angry, yet adrenalized, I open it and pull out my only assignment, chemistry.
- The sensible thing to do would have been to kick him in the ribs, I was furiously angry, I was beside myself furious, adrenalised to the max.
1.1 informal Excited, charged, or tense: they possess an adrenalized vigor that distinguishes them from other bands
More example sentences
- Together they are an unmissable combination and ‘Pretty Bones’ sends adrenalised rushes of excitement through everyone's body.
- This 2001 set comes closest to capturing their kinetic, adrenalised live synergy.
- Sailors from Australia and New Zealand have been hooked for decades on the adrenalized thrills of skiff sailing - a sport in which two- or three-person boats fly ridiculous amounts of sail on shallow, lightning-fast hulls.
Definition of adrenalized in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan