- Relating to or denoting nerve cells in which epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline), or a similar substance acts as a neurotransmitter. Contrasted with cholinergic.More example sentences
- Table 1 demonstrates the ability of these agents to block histaminic, adrenergic, and muscarinic receptors after being corrected for clinical dose.
- Activation of the adrenergic system triggers the release of catecholamines, which stimulate contractility, heart rate, and blood pressure.
- Neural tissue normally present within the thyroid includes both vasomotor fibers and adrenergic fibers.
More definitions of adrenergicDefinition of adrenergic in:
- The British & World English dictionary