- 1Far on or ahead in development or progress: negotiations are at an advanced stage the cancer is hopelessly advanced people of advanced yearsMore example sentences
- A number of wind projects are at an advanced stage of development while biomass projects are also being progressed.
- A specialised machine that uses the latest in optical and high speed sensor technology to search for skeleton weed is in the advanced stages of development.
- Harry Kehoe, said a number of new varieties, for the seed export trade and the home market, are now at an advanced stage of development at Oak Park.
- 1.1New and not yet generally accepted: his advanced views made him unpopularMore example sentences
- And don't forget their advanced views on women in the workplace.
- Sol Stein, the late editor, publisher and best-selling writer believed that ‘first person’ was an advanced point of view.
- Despite his new-found conservatism, Coleridge retained some surprisingly advanced views on social and economic matters.