A downloadable or Internet-based computer game that advertises a brand-name product by featuring it as part of the game.
- The technology isn't nearly as sophisticated as video games, because most developers outfit advergames to accommodate slow modems.
- Who cares how long a consumer plays if the advergame doesn't move product?
- However, despite their early stage of development, advergames are already emerging as one of the Internet's most promising ad strategies - and they show little sign of slowing down.
- Example sentences
- As gaming goes mass market, the biggest opportunity may lie in advergaming - the interactive advertisements that merge online games with product placement - through which businesses can target specific demographics.
- In addition to Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda and classified Web site AutoTrader.com have used advergaming as part of their marketing strategies.
- He says the proof of advergaming's success over other forms of online advertising is in its ability to start a dialogue with consumers.
Blend of advertisement and game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.