- A downloadable or Internet-based computer game that advertises a brand-name product by featuring it as part of the game.More example sentences
- The technology isn't nearly as sophisticated as video games, because most developers outfit advergames to accommodate slow modems.
- Who cares how long a consumer plays if the advergame doesn't move product?
- However, despite their early stage of development, advergames are already emerging as one of the Internet's most promising ad strategies - and they show little sign of slowing down.
- More example sentences
- As gaming goes mass market, the biggest opportunity may lie in advergaming - the interactive advertisements that merge online games with product placement - through which businesses can target specific demographics.
- In addition to Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda and classified Web site AutoTrader.com have used advergaming as part of their marketing strategies.
- He says the proof of advergaming's success over other forms of online advertising is in its ability to start a dialogue with consumers.
blend of advertisement and game.