adjective[often with infinitive]
(Of a course of action) to be recommended; sensible: it is advisable to carry one of the major credit cards early booking is advisable
More example sentences
- Advance booking is always advisable but you can of course always take a chance on the day itself.
- It may also be advisable to carry an emergency card or bracelet to alert others of the allergy.
- This may be advisable if you are likely to be carried away by the proceedings and bid over your upper limit.
- More example sentences
- We hope we will enjoy some beautiful fall days but advisably you should also be prepared for some rain.
- For details, ask the nearest German Embassy or Consulate, advisably before you send the application.
- Be on the tower early enough, advisably not later than three to four in the afternoon.