Definition of advocacy in English:
1Public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy: their advocacy of traditional family values
More example sentences
- The guy has become rich and famous through public advocacy of an unhealthy lifestyle.
- The government wanted an unclassified document on which it could draw in its advocacy of its policy.
- His bullish and untiring advocacy of the Government and its policies may not be to everyone's taste.
support for, backing of, promotion of, championing of;
argument for, push for
informal boosterism of
1.1The profession or work of a legal advocate.
- In such cases, I find an element of legal advocacy present which does not become an expert's testimony.
- The law allowing plaintiffs to recover legal fees in advocacy lawsuits has been on the books for a long time.
- His willingness to embark upon detailed research was closer to advocacy than to the approach of an objective expert.
Late Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin advocatia, from advocare 'summon, call to one's aid' (see advocate).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.