(US also eolian)
- chiefly Geology Relating to or arising from the action of the wind: fluvial and eolian sedimentsMore example sentences
- So there we are, who needs aeolian violins when all you need to do is take a stroll down to the harbour?
- No one has revived these vague Aeolian tones, these half-sighs of the breezes, plaintive wails, ecstatic moans.
- When young love comes to the protagonist, the natural phenomena of the Valley burst brilliantly into light and color, with elements ranging from bright exotic flowers, birds, and fish to a golden atmosphere and Aeolian sounds.
More definitions of aeolianDefinition of aeolian in:
- The British & World English dictionary