Introduce air into (a material): she would aerate the lawn with high heels
More example sentences
- This patient, a young woman, had obtained her nitrous oxide from cartridges of nitrous oxide used to aerate cream.
- We've put pumps in to aerate the water and feed back oxygen into the dam for the fish to survive.
- He must be aerating the soil, the blessed man.
- Example sentences
- This process requires soil aeration and a neutral or alkaline soil environment.
- Ethylene or propylene gas mixtures were renewed every day after aeration of the jars.
- It should be porous for root aeration and drainage, but also able to retain water and nutrients.
- Example sentences
- Mechanical aerators are used in aerated lagoons to ensure constant mixing of the manure.
- The innovative aerators offer golf course superintendents a better solution to their lake aeration needs.
- If both hot and cold water are affected, probably the aerator is congested with rust and corrosion.
Words that rhyme with aerateabate, ablate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of aerate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.