Definition of aeronautics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The science or practice of travel through the air.
- The history of aeronautics is full of aircraft developed in secret.
- He then earned a master of science degree in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
- The Society's purpose is to advance the knowledge and practice of aeronautics.
- ( rare)Example sentences
- The university, known for its excellent aeronautic, aerospace, and mechanical engineering schools, had a decided advantage.
- In the 19th century it was given signification over aviation, aeronautic experiments and apparatus that relates that.
- The humble fly hovering over a garbage can is routinely capable of some high-speed aeronautic manoeuvres.
Definition of aeronautics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.