noun[treated as singular]
- A plant-cultivation technique in which the roots hang suspended in the air while nutrient solution is delivered to them in the form of a fine mist.More example sentences
- Plant have been grown for 7 d either in hydroponics or in aeroponics.
- To obtain roots with an exodermis, seedlings were grown in a mist culture (aeroponics) using the same nutrient solution.
- Roots were from plants grown in aeroponics for 31-40 d.
More definitions of aeroponicsDefinition of aeroponics in:
- The British & World English dictionary