noun[usually in singular]
- 1(In some religions) life after death: most Christians believe in an afterlifeMore example sentences
- He did not believe in the afterlife and considered death as the final phase of all souls, fools as well as the wise.
- Beliefs concerning the afterlife depend on the religion of the individual.
- Beliefs about death and the afterlife correspond to the doctrines of the major religions.
- 2Later life: they spent much of their afterlife trying to forget the fireMore example sentences
- Sidhe never regretted doing it, even if her afterlife had not been as wonderful as she had hoped.