North American informal
Short for agricultural.
- A working breakfast is served for the sponsoring ag organizations on the State Fairgrounds.
- Additional information about the Young Ag Couples Conference is available from ag organizations.
- Our commodity groups, trade associations, councils and ag organizations have many connections and have had many successes in marketing our commodities worldwide.
nounBack to top
Entry from British & World English dictionary
Used to express a range of emotions from irritation or grief to pleasure: ag man, there’s nothing anyone can do
More example sentences
- Ag, I don't know, an expert should step in here.
- Ag, I dont know if Im just being soppy but whatever the case its refreshing to see love stories these days that are able to transcend the mainstream depictions of beautiful falsity.
Afrikaans, from Dutch ach (see ach).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.