- An Old World lizard with a large head and a long tail, typically showing a marked difference in color and form between the sexes.
More example sentences
- Genus Agama, family Agamidae: many species
- A color usually not visible might be flashed by some species, such as the African agama which turns to face an intruder and opens its mouth to expose the brilliant orange inside.
- Agama Lizards are active during the day and enjoy low humidity and sunshine (or UVB lighting).
- His colour is not right for a Red-Headed Agama and yet there is no other Agama for the area in the book that fills his description
late 18th century: perhaps from Carib.
More definitions of agamaDefinition of agama in:
- The British & World English dictionary