- The age at which a person’s, typically a girl’s, consent to sexual intercourse is valid in law.More example sentences
- One question, therefore, is whether the age should be reduced to 16, which is the general age of consent for heterosexual activity.
- We need to reinforce the laws governing underage sex, carnal knowledge and the age of consent.
- The girl is 15 - three years over the age of consent for sexual intercourse but six years below the age of consent for marriage in England.
More definitions of age of consentDefinition of age of consent in:
- The British & World English dictionary