- A noun denoting someone or something that performs the action of a verb, typically ending in -er or -or, e.g., worker, accelerator.More example sentences
- Or does it rhyme with agent nouns like gonger, meaning ‘person who plays the gong’?
- In our workshop, we would like to subject the polysemy of agent nouns to closer scrutiny.
- We also held on to a few agent nouns ending in ‘ar’ - for example, ‘liar.’
More definitions of agent nounDefinition of agent noun in:
- The British & World English dictionary