- An antibody, lectin, or other substance that causes agglutination.More example sentences
- In mammalian systems, treatment of cells with the lectin wheat germ agglutinin inhibits nuclear protein import.
- Serum agglutinins, precipitins, and complement-fixing antibodies can also be used to establish a diagnosis.
- Soybean agglutinin is a tetrameric legume lectin, each of whose subunits are glycosylated.
More definitions of agglutininDefinition of agglutinin in:
- The British & World English dictionary