- (In Spanish-speaking regions) a distilled liquor resembling brandy, especially as made in South America from sugar cane.More example sentences
- Beer and rum, including a fairly raw variety known as aguardiente are the most popular alcoholic drinks, although urban elites prefer Scotch whisky.
- Depending on the style of the wine, sherry is fortified with grape spirit known as aguardiente to between 15.5 and 22 per cent.
- Anisados aguardiente has the addition of aniseed.
from Spanish, from agua 'water' + ardiente 'fiery'.
More definitions of aguardienteDefinition of aguardiente in:
- The British & World English dictionary