Definition of aholehole in English:
A small silvery fish occurring only in the shallow waters around the Hawaiian islands, where it is a food fish.
- Kuhlia sandvicensis, family Kuhliidae
- Rainclouds, rain, lush ferns, aholehole fish and certain types of seaweed revealed the god Lono.
- Ryan Okino was fishing on the Puna Coast of the Big Island when he caught his state record aholehole.
- But currently at Hanauma Bay, the silvery aholehole swarm in the shallows all day, darting around human legs to catch free food.
Definition of aholehole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan