A call used in hailing: ahoy there! ship ahoy!
More example sentences
- We didn't know what it was going to be like when we started, but as we got into it, more and more people, all the emails I get now instead of hi Peter, it's ahoy!
- The ref blows for full time - golden goal or penalties ahoy!
- It will be ship ahoy for the brave mum-of-two Marie next Tuesday as she takes up the Cabin Fever challenge on board a 90 ft Schooner ship.
- An exclamation announcing the sighting of land from a ship.More example sentences
- From high above the voice of a man hollered, ‘Land ahoy!’
- Tempted by the memories of too many pirate movies as a kid, I shout, only a little maliciously, ‘Land ahoy!’
- I am woken from my dreams as the lookout guards shout Land Ahoy! Britain is in sight.
Definition of ahoy in:
- The British & World English dictionary