- A headdress consisting of a white egret’s feather or other decoration such as a spray of gems.More example sentences
- Some of the valuable horse aigrettes, which are encrusted and plumed, are also kept in the treasury.
- In a description written by Jacopo Ligozzi and dated 1577, aigrettes were put behind the headgear.
- Head pieces also came to be called aigrettes if they had other feathers in them.
mid 18th century: French, literally 'egret'.
More definitions of aigretteDefinition of aigrette in:
- The British & World English dictionary