- A sharp pinnacle of rock in a mountain range.More example sentences
- Across the valley, towering above you, is the snow-covered dome of Mont Blanc, glaciers tumbling down its northern face –and the razor-sharp ‘needles’ of several aiguilles, set in a jagged line across the southern horizon.
- The summit of the Aiguille Verte exhibits the original culmination of the group which is now divided into several aiguilles.
- For the athlete who will spend days on an aiguille for the sake of gymnastics has less of the true stuff in him than the simple fellow who goes a walking tour in Devonshire from an honest liking for high places.
mid 18th century: French, literally 'needle'.
More definitions of aiguilleDefinition of aiguille in:
- The British & World English dictionary