- A hinged surface in the trailing edge of an airplane wing, used to control lateral balance.More example sentences
- Each wing has a single aileron surface on the trailing edge to control roll and two flaps to control lift and drag.
- The other intuitive reaction is to attempt to roll the aircraft with ailerons to level the wings.
- Put the palm of your hand against the bottom of the leading edge of the aileron at each hinge and push up.
early 20th century: French, literally 'small wing'.
More definitions of aileronDefinition of aileron in:
- The British & World English dictionary