- Extreme or irrational fear of cats.More example sentences
- Like all fears and phobias, ailurophobia is created by the unconscious mind as a protective mechanism.
- Cats have been endowed with a magical ability to detect the overweening ambitions of dictators, many of whom have consequently been accused of ailurophobia on the flimsiest evidence.
- I have never heard of ailurophobia.
- More example sentences
- The bad news for ailurophobes is that cats seem to be drawn to people who don't like them.
- He always enjoyed visiting with Regent, but admitted, just recently, that he's also an ailurophobe.
- Julius Caesar, Hitler and Mussolini were said to be ailurophobes.
Pronunciation: /īˈlo͝orəˌfōb, āˈlo͝or-/noun
More definitions of ailurophobiaDefinition of ailurophobia in:
- The British & World English dictionary