A system for controlling the humidity, ventilation, and temperature in a building or vehicle, typically to maintain a cool atmosphere in warm conditions.
- Climate control air conditioning is standard along with a single CD player.
- Growing up in warm summer weather in NYC meant sunshine, humidity and air conditioning.
- We had no air conditioning in the warm months and clanking radiators in the winter.
air conditioner noun
- Example sentences
- Sargeant Dixon was beside me; he turned the key in the ignition and adjusted the blower of the air conditioner.
- For most of the morning the air conditioner was on the blink.
- At one point, in desperation, he started his car, turned on its air conditioner and put his son inside to sleep.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: air con·di·tion·ing
Definition of air conditioning in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.