Definition of air conditioning in English:
A system for controlling the humidity, ventilation, and temperature in a building or vehicle, typically to maintain a cool atmosphere in warm conditions.
- Climate control air conditioning is standard along with a single CD player.
- Growing up in warm summer weather in NYC meant sunshine, humidity and air conditioning.
- We had no air conditioning in the warm months and clanking radiators in the winter.
air conditioner noun
- Example sentences
- Sargeant Dixon was beside me; he turned the key in the ignition and adjusted the blower of the air conditioner.
- For most of the morning the air conditioner was on the blink.
- At one point, in desperation, he started his car, turned on its air conditioner and put his son inside to sleep.
Definition of air conditioning in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan