Definition of air-dry in English:
Make or become dry through contact with unheated air.
- My towels are air-drying, and almost done.
- The kits also come with air-drying clay, which can be rolled and shaped for water features, pots, rocks and even gnomes.
- Virtually every stage of barrel production has an impact on the liquid it was designed to hold - the age of the trees, sawing versus splitting, air-dried as opposed to kiln-dried and how the barrel is toasted.
adjectiveBack to top
Not giving off any moisture on exposure to air.
- The main difference between this pin and the necklaces (other than the obvious) is this unique pin has a face made from air-dry clay.
- We hung up the masks with masking tape (the air-dry clay is very light) so that the children could view and discuss their work.
- Vegetative tissues which are able to survive desiccation to an air-dry state have mechanisms that cope with this potentially lethal mechanical stress.
Definition of air-dry in:
- British & World English dictionary