Definition of air-dry in English:
Make or become dry through contact with unheated air.
- My towels are air-drying, and almost done.
- The kits also come with air-drying clay, which can be rolled and shaped for water features, pots, rocks and even gnomes.
- Virtually every stage of barrel production has an impact on the liquid it was designed to hold - the age of the trees, sawing versus splitting, air-dried as opposed to kiln-dried and how the barrel is toasted.
adjectiveBack to top
Not giving off any moisture on exposure to air.
- The main difference between this pin and the necklaces (other than the obvious) is this unique pin has a face made from air-dry clay.
- We hung up the masks with masking tape (the air-dry clay is very light) so that the children could view and discuss their work.
- Vegetative tissues which are able to survive desiccation to an air-dry state have mechanisms that cope with this potentially lethal mechanical stress.
Definition of air-dry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia