- Purse the lips as if kissing (someone), without making contact: the media crowd who lunch, gossip, and air-kiss one anotherMore example sentences
- In Paris, where he keeps a flat and several relatives, he bobs from bar to bar, air-kissing girls and gossiping with old restaurant hands.
- Lizzie air-kissed her and walked in the apartment with Mark.
- My mom was reading a romance novel in the kitchen when I arrived home, promptly air-kissed me and asked how my work was.
noun(air kiss) Back to top
- A simulated kiss, without physical contact.More example sentences
- She stands up as I approach. ‘Hello dar-ling,’ she prominently announces so the whole restaurant can hear, next she expertly does the Hollywood kiss thing of an air kiss on each cheek.
- ‘I could not refuse such an invitation,’ Aimée said with a smile and greeted the girl with an air kiss to each cheek figuring Emily knew the French ways.
- Melanie squealed as she rushed over to give Madeline an air kiss on the cheek, ‘I'm so glad you made it, and I must add that that outfit is to die for!’
More definitions of air-kissDefinition of air-kiss in:
- The British & World English dictionary