Definition of air-kiss in English:
Purse the lips as if kissing (someone), without making contact: the media crowd who lunch, gossip, and air-kiss one another
More example sentences
- In Paris, where he keeps a flat and several relatives, he bobs from bar to bar, air-kissing girls and gossiping with old restaurant hands.
- Lizzie air-kissed her and walked in the apartment with Mark.
- My mom was reading a romance novel in the kitchen when I arrived home, promptly air-kissed me and asked how my work was.
noun(air kiss) Back to top
A simulated kiss, without physical contact.
- She stands up as I approach. ‘Hello dar-ling,’ she prominently announces so the whole restaurant can hear, next she expertly does the Hollywood kiss thing of an air kiss on each cheek.
- ‘I could not refuse such an invitation,’ Aimée said with a smile and greeted the girl with an air kiss to each cheek figuring Emily knew the French ways.
- Melanie squealed as she rushed over to give Madeline an air kiss on the cheek, ‘I'm so glad you made it, and I must add that that outfit is to die for!’
Definition of air-kiss in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan