- Directed or operating from an aircraft in flight to the surface of the sea or other body of water.More example sentences
- These older aircraft configured to carry air-to-surface missiles were reconfigured to carry the new supersonic missile.
- These included components for air-to-surface missiles, aircraft machine guns, armoured personnel carriers, combat aircraft, torpedoes and combat helicopters.
- As warnings were broadcast, the Mirage fired two Exocet air-to-surface missiles.
More definitions of air-to-surfaceDefinition of air-to-surface in:
- The British & World English dictionary