The ground-based personnel and equipment concerned with monitoring and controlling air traffic within a particular area.
- Declare an emergency and air traffic control will drop everything to get airplanes out of your way.
- How do pilots communicate with air traffic control when flying over the ocean?
- All of these people stayed on their post, did their job, got the rest of air traffic control on the ground.
air traffic controller noun
- Example sentences
- Will I need more training in order to continue my career as an air traffic controller at an airport?
- He also earned certification as an air traffic controller with military control-tower rating.
- Imagine looking at the blips on the monitor of an air traffic controller in Las Angeles, multiplying those radar blips by 100-then zooming in on the flight path of a single aircraft.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: air traf·fic con·trol
Definition of air traffic control in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.