Definition of aircrew in English:
noun (plural aircrews)[treated as singular or plural]
1The crew staffing an aircraft.
- Houle also suggested to higher authorities that downed aircrews use the term Mayday instead of just talking on the radio.
- With each buy, the command is promising airplanes, aircrews or support to meet the requirements.
- What drew Osburn to Edwards was the chance to escape from behind the computer and get on the flight line to work with planes and aircrews.
1.1 (plural same) A member of an aircrew: each aircraft carried three aircrew
More example sentences
- The Fleet Aviation Officer, CMDR Andrew Whittaker looked after contacting pilots, aircrew and maintainers.
- Waiting for clearance to take-off, aircrew and passengers alike sweat profusely.
- However, as a result of a massive rescue operation only 16 pilots and 33 aircrew remained missing by first light on June 20th.
Words that rhyme with aircrewécru • breakthrough
Definition of aircrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan