Definition of aircrew in English:
noun (plural aircrews)[treated as singular or plural]
1The crew staffing an aircraft.
- Houle also suggested to higher authorities that downed aircrews use the term Mayday instead of just talking on the radio.
- With each buy, the command is promising airplanes, aircrews or support to meet the requirements.
- What drew Osburn to Edwards was the chance to escape from behind the computer and get on the flight line to work with planes and aircrews.
1.1 (plural same) A member of an aircrew: each aircraft carried three aircrew
More example sentences
- The Fleet Aviation Officer, CMDR Andrew Whittaker looked after contacting pilots, aircrew and maintainers.
- Waiting for clearance to take-off, aircrew and passengers alike sweat profusely.
- However, as a result of a massive rescue operation only 16 pilots and 33 aircrew remained missing by first light on June 20th.
Words that rhyme with aircrewécru • breakthrough
Definition of aircrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.