- 1An airport.More example sentences
- The airdrome was a dirt strip almost within the city; one end of the short strip was 70-ft higher than the other end, so we always took off downhill and landed uphill.
- Sometimes an airdrome or river might be misplaced but not difficult to sort out.
- The money being offered by English agents who toured Ireland during 1940-42 recruiting labour for the airdromes proved very attractive, particularly as they also paid expenses to the workers to get to their destinations.
- 1.1A military air base.More example sentences
- One morning the whole group was summoned to a special intelligence briefing and told that no aircraft were to take off that day and that the airdrome anti-aircraft defenses would not fire at enemy aircraft that might appear!
- I returned to the airdrome and was fired at by ground batteries.
- On 14 October, a few days after Naples fell, we moved to the big airdrome at Pomigliano at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius, about 10-km east of Naples.
More definitions of airdromeDefinition of airdrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary