Definition of airdrop in English:
An act of dropping supplies, troops, or equipment by parachute from an aircraft.
- This directorate also certifies aircraft for the airdrop of personnel and equipment.
- The aircraft provides troop and equipment transport, airdrop and medical evacuation for cargo weighing up to 7,820 pounds.
- With heavy equipment airdrops, the user is responsible for rigging the loads, a labor-intensive process requiring specialized materials.
verb (airdrops, airdropping, airdropped)[with object] Back to top
Drop (such things) by parachute.
- During the Korean war, for example, it made more than 100 hazardous overflights of mainland China, airdropping agents and supplies.
- The French were therefore airdropped into the valley to build a series of strong points, not all within supporting distance of each other, around the 0.62 mile airstrip upon which the fortress was to depend for supplies.
- Millions of leaflets were airdropped along with tons of humanitarian rations.
Words that rhyme with airdroplollipop • backdrop
Definition of airdrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.