Definition of airdrop in English:
An act of dropping supplies, troops, or equipment by parachute from an aircraft.
- This directorate also certifies aircraft for the airdrop of personnel and equipment.
- The aircraft provides troop and equipment transport, airdrop and medical evacuation for cargo weighing up to 7,820 pounds.
- With heavy equipment airdrops, the user is responsible for rigging the loads, a labor-intensive process requiring specialized materials.
verb (airdrops, airdropping, airdropped)[with object] Back to top
Drop (such things) by parachute.
- During the Korean war, for example, it made more than 100 hazardous overflights of mainland China, airdropping agents and supplies.
- The French were therefore airdropped into the valley to build a series of strong points, not all within supporting distance of each other, around the 0.62 mile airstrip upon which the fortress was to depend for supplies.
- Millions of leaflets were airdropped along with tons of humanitarian rations.
Definition of airdrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan