- An area of land set aside for the takeoff, landing, and maintenance of aircraft.More example sentences
- By the end of June, excluding an emergency landing strip, ten airfields had been built in the beachhead area.
- Meanwhile the 82nd was attacking rail traffic and found two Luftwaffe airfields empty of aircraft.
- But the pilot of the twin engine veteran aircraft went on to make a safe landing back at the airfield he had taken off from.
More definitions of airfieldDefinition of airfield in:
- The British & World English dictionary