- The body of an aircraft as distinct from its engine.More example sentences
- It was determined that airfreight would minimise the risk of further damage to the airframe and return the aircraft in a controlled environment.
- Commissioned by the U.S. government to create a powered aircraft, Langley spent a fortune developing airframes and engines.
- The first 22 airframes - 14 flyable aircraft and eight nonflying ground-test articles - will be built on that assembly line during the current phase of the program.
More definitions of airframeDefinition of airframe in:
- The British & World English dictionary