Definition of airfreight in English:
1The transportation of goods by aircraft.
- The illegal generic drugs are then shipped from India to the United States and delivered by an airfreight forwarding company based in the United States.
- In this case, perhaps, your action plan will be to ensure that all clinical sites are located within two hours by car from an airfreight hub.
- The seminar concluded with a presentation by Jim Egan of Jenkinson Airfreight on the growing importance of airfreight in the seafood business.
1.1Goods in transit, or to be carried, by aircraft.
- A new system introduced by the city government has cut the average time spent on customs clearance and cargo handling for airfreight at Shanghai's Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone by half, to six hours.
- The company, which is the largest carrier of airfreight for other airlines, lost its way early last year.
- Air freight that has been lost, delayed, or damaged, must first be reported by the shipper or consignee (receiver) to the local cargo office before completing a claim form.
verb[with object] Back to top
Carry or send (goods) by aircraft.
- Deciding to take a gamble, he packed up and airfreighted much of his stock to New York City, bought a round-trip ticket (as required for a six-month business visitor's visa), and set out to make his fortune.
- Live coral reef fish, from the Great Barrier Reef and Pacific Island nations, are airfreighted to Asia for restaurants, where they fetch large prices as status symbols.
- Manufacturing switches from the general to high-value technologically advanced products, many of which are airfreighted overseas.
adverbBack to top
By airfreight: the exhibit was flown airfreight
Definition of airfreight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India