Definition of airline in English:
1An organization providing a regular public service of air transportation on one or more routes.
- Which further low cost routes would you like airlines to serve from Manchester Airport?
- It is a matter of public record that some airlines have had to be bailed out by their governments.
- UK airlines will meet transport officials in Whitehall this week to discuss a response.
1.1 (usually air line) A route that forms part of a system regularly used by aircraft.
2 (usually air line) A pipe supplying air: use an air line to inflate those tires
More example sentences
- Connected by an air line to a surface boat, he entered the loch as a crowd of onlookers cheered him on.
- With the worker finally clear from our train and the air line now charged up, we finally got underway at 7:07 PM, having missed our scheduled 7:00 PM departure.
- I was so afraid of something stupid happening, like an air line blowing off or a fuel line breaking.
Definition of airline in:
- British & World English dictionary