Definition of airline in English:
1An organization providing a regular public service of air transportation on one or more routes.
- Which further low cost routes would you like airlines to serve from Manchester Airport?
- It is a matter of public record that some airlines have had to be bailed out by their governments.
- UK airlines will meet transport officials in Whitehall this week to discuss a response.
1.1 (usually air line) A route that forms part of a system regularly used by aircraft.
2 (usually air line) A pipe supplying air: use an air line to inflate those tires
More example sentences
- Connected by an air line to a surface boat, he entered the loch as a crowd of onlookers cheered him on.
- With the worker finally clear from our train and the air line now charged up, we finally got underway at 7:07 PM, having missed our scheduled 7:00 PM departure.
- I was so afraid of something stupid happening, like an air line blowing off or a fuel line breaking.
Words that rhyme with airlinehairline
Definition of airline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan