Definition of airmail in English:
A system of transporting mail by aircraft, typically overseas.
- Delivery takes 3-4 weeks by airmail, or 5-7 weeks by boat; there is a no-time-limit, 100% money-back guarantee.
- Sussmann has passed on my documents by airmail to Georg.
- Their March edition, I've just received it by airmail, it has some excellent and thought-provoking and theologically astute articles about the issue.
verb[with object] Back to top
Send (mail) by aircraft: a recent letter that I airmailed to Miss Sifton
More example sentences
- She is adamant she will not be airmailing it to her son-in-law, who emigrated to Australia with his wife and their two children in 1979.
- I subscribe to a monthly magazine from England (paying extra to have it airmailed so it will arrive in Thailand within 4-5 days).
- Mine are carefully folded into envelopes and airmailed to Berlin.
Words that rhyme with airmailblackmail
Definition of airmail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan