Definition of airport in English:
1A complex of runways and buildings for the takeoff, landing, and maintenance of civil aircraft, with facilities for passengers.
- It is worth checking, too, for seasonal charter flights from Scottish airports.
- It was all about passenger landing rights at Heathrow and American airports.
- Now the Government has set about building new roads and airports all over the shop.
1.1 [as modifier] Relating to or denoting light popular fiction such as is offered for sale to travelers in airports: another airport thriller
More example sentences
- Some people might laugh at them as airport novels, but I get a good read from them.
- But, at least in my case, it takes a couple of days to get through even an airport paperback.
- It has the structure in some ways of an airport paperback but has the style and depth of a literary novel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan