Definition of airside in English:
The side of an airport terminal from which aircraft can be observed; the area beyond security checks and passport and customs control.
- This company selected through global bidding firms for the airside and landside work and the passenger terminal building.
- It went live at the beginning of July, and affects all airport workers holding an airside pass.
- At the airport, bulletproof glass was installed on the airside windows.
adverbBack to top
On or to the airside of an airport terminal: a new executive lounge has opened airside
More example sentences
- One of the things that's missing from the airport airside is a really good food offering.
- You find yourself stranded airside in such an airport, and you know that a familiar bar will be there somewhere, and you eventually do find it.
- Rachel manages to fit all her volunteer and charity work around a 12-hour a day job, working airside at an airport as part of the safety practice team.
Words that rhyme with airsidebedside
Definition of airside in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan