1Space available in the atmosphere immediately above the earth: temples and mosques fight for airspace with skyscrapers
More example sentences
- Generally, ownership of an area of ground includes the airspace immediately above that area up to the skies.
- I was driven in a nice silver car with leather upholstery along the Thames, alongside the Houses of Parliament with the London Eye and Big Ben fighting for airspace.
- What do you make of the idea of a directive coming out soon advising pilots to avoid airspace above or near sites like power plants, dams, refineries, and other complexes?
1.1The air available to aircraft to fly in, especially the part subject to the jurisdiction of a particular country: the airliner was refused permission to enter Maltese airspace
More example sentences
- Despite the short duration of the outage, restrictions on the number of aircraft entering UK airspace or taking off from domestic airports quickly created delays.
- The spokesman added Ireland insists aircraft overflying national airspace or using its airports for refuelling cannot carry weaponry.
- Aircraft encroaching on U.S. airspace was a more straightforward affair in that the warning time was longer and the source of the threat was obvious.
1.2 Law The right of a private landowner to the space above his land and any structures on it, which he can use for ordinary purposes such as the erection of signposts or fences.
- Ownership of land includes the airspace above it, unless there are limitations on the title.
- If an adjoining owner places a structure on his (the adjoining owner's) land that overhangs his neighbours land, he thereby takes into possession airspace to which his neighbour is entitled.
- Where there is an incursion into the airspace of a landowner within the reasonable height then this prima facie gives rise to claim to trespass:
1.3Space left to be occupied by air for purposes of insulation.
- Timbs and Norton filled the airspace with words but made no serious attempt to answer the question.
- Some heat transfer is to be expected between the heated indoors, through the airspace between the two panes, to the colder outdoors.
- On a much less important note, I'd point out that the case puts the cooling up very high indeed, into airspace often several degrees hotter than the rest of the room.
Definition of airspace in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.