Definition of airworthy in English:
(Of an aircraft) safe to fly.
- The company can deliver complete fleets of airworthy aircraft or helicopters coming from active duty or overhauled as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Today, FABA has over 70 airworthy biplanes of all types.
- He said: ‘The Sea Vixen is the sole airworthy aircraft of its sort.’
- Example sentences
- The annual inspection makes sure that all general-aviation aircraft are inspected for airworthiness at least once a year.
- Our basic mission is to verify the airworthiness of the airplanes before they go back to the operational Air Force.
- Of course, ultimate responsibility for the airworthiness of an airplane rests with the owner/operator, and must be determined before each flight.
Words that rhyme with airworthysmoothie • worthy
Definition of airworthy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan