adverb & adjective
- In the open air: [as adjective]: an al fresco luncheonMore example sentences
- Hot bars, outdoor concerts, alfresco dining - it's the consummate summer-night city
- I have to take Anne to Lady Moor's alfresco luncheon.
- As alfresco dining commences, outdoor celebrations across the United States return, the beverage for which is a product of American ingenuity and sass.
mid 18th century: Italian, 'in the fresh (air)'.
More definitions of al frescoDefinition of al fresco in:
- The British & World English dictionary